This post may include affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
A Unique Crochet Gift
You love crocheting gifts for your friends and family but over the years you’ve exhausted the list of traditional crochet gifts (hats, scarves, mittens, blankets). What should you make them this year?
Need some crochet gift ideas? How about something totally unique and different? This crochet necklace will surprise and delight your loved ones. It makes a great crochet Christmas gift, birthday gift, or hostess gift.
Mix and match colors to customize the crochet necklace pattern to match your gift receiver’s personality and wardrobe. They will appreciate your creativity and attention to their personal style.
This is a crochet gift you can feel proud to give.
Purchase the pattern on Etsy or Ravelry now or keep reading to find out more about the necklace and crochet pattern details.
“(The pattern is) creative and fun. And something that I haven’t already seen done.Diane – Tester
Do you love to crochet things to wear but don’t have time to make a garment right now?
This necklace works up really quickly and adds the perfect touch to any outfit.
It only requires 30 yards of worsted weight scrap yarn. If you are like me you probably have enough yarn in your stash to make approximately 100,000 of these necklaces, give or take. Ha-ha.
You can make this project this afternoon and wear it to dinner party tonight. Or make two and bring one as a crochet hostess gift!
I love handmade jewelry. And fortunately for my wardrobe, but not so fortunate for my wallet, I have an amazing local source for handmade jewelry.
I live in Rhode Island a short car ride from Providence. If you are familiar with American art colleges you’ve probably heard of the Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) which is located in Providence.
I did not get my BFA from RISD I earned mine at Syracuse University. But I have to admit, RISD is a pretty impressive school churning out very talented artists.
RISD Craft Show
Once a year RISD has their alumni weekend which includes their alumni weekend craft show. The show takes place outside on a huge blocked off area of the city.
Picture this, blocks and blocks of tables displaying stunning crafts from talented RISD alumni who are now professional crafters who have come from all over the world to sell their work. It’s pretty amazing.
I’ve bought some spectacular accessories over the years.
Anywho, enough about my wardrobe, back to the crochet jewelry.
I used a mix of Lion Brand yarns to create this necklace. You can use any worsted weight yarn. And since you don’t need to heavily launder a necklace you can use a mix of brands and fibers. Any worsted weight yarn in your stash will work perfectly.
“…it’s a really cute necklace!”Christina – Tester
Feeling of accomplishment
Can you relate to this?
The day is almost over and even though I know I was running around getting stuff done I feel like I accomplished nothing.
There’s nothing worse than feeling like you wasted the day.
This crochet pattern is the solution! Grab some worsted weight yarn from your stash and whip up this necklace. You’ll be basking in the feeling of accomplishment in no time.
Sometimes I just need that accomplishment in my day…Sara – tester
Or maybe you are looking for a crochet project that is…
- Creative. With so many different color combos this pattern is sure to spark your creativity.
- Unique. I am always striving to bring you different patterns that you’ve never seen before to inspire you to create. Show the world you are a unique individual by making and wearing pieces that you can’t buy at the mall.
- Beautiful. This necklace will bring beauty to your wardrobe.
- Quick. Sometimes you just need a little crochet break. This necklace works up fast.
- Wearable. I love creating wearable projects because they are art you can wear. But garments can take a while. Jewelry is a quick afternoon project that you can throw on and sport around town.
- Size Inclusive. The length of this necklace can be easily modified. Instructions to do so are included in the pattern.
- Fun. “It was super fun making the necklace.” said tester Shivani.
I love it! It is totally customizable and can go with anything! This is a super quick make you could totally make just before that dinner party!Stacy – Tester
Crochet Necklace Pattern PDF Details
You can make this pattern, it’s rated Easy.
Your pattern purchase includes an easy to read 8 page pdf.
In addition, you won’t get stuck anywhere in this pattern. It is clear and easy to follow because, like all of my patterns, it has been tested and professionally tech edited.
You will be guided through the pattern with the aid of clear instructions, instructional photos and stitch diagrams.
Please note, it is NOT necessary to be able to read diagrams to complete the project because the instructions are clearly written out step by step.
Furthermore, instructions for adjusting the length and overall size of the necklace are included
The pattern is written in US terms.
And if you need help, I’m here for you. I have a dedicated pattern support email listed at the end of the pattern. You can email me directly anytime!
Here is what you will need
- Worsted Weight #4 yarn.
- Crochet hook size US G/6 (4 mm)
- Tapestry needle
- Piece of cardboard 2”/5 cm x 2”/5 cm (for making tassel)
I used a combination of three yarns
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn, worsted weight #4 yarn (100% mercerized cotton; 186 yds/170 m per 3.5 oz/100 g skein), 1 skein each of Color (A) Black, and (B) Goldenrod
- Lion Brand Yarns Basic Stitch Premium Yarn, worsted 4-Medium (100% acrylic, 219 yds/200 m, 3.5 oz/100 g), 1 skein of Color (C) Coastal
- Cascade Yarns, Avalon, worsted 4-Medium (50% cotton/50% acrylic blend, 175 yds/160 m, 3.5 oz/100 g), 1 skein of Color (D) Golf Green #14
Additionally, here are some inspiring Once and Floral Necklaces by a few of my talented testers.
Be sure to check them out on Instagram (by clicking on their names in the photo credits) if you’d like to see more of their beautiful work.