This post may include affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
Feel the satisfaction of finishing a crochet jewelry project in less than an hour.
The Loopy Worsted Necklace is a quick crochet jewelry pattern that will fit into your busy day.
Are you ready to stop beginning crochet projects but not finishing them because of lack of free time and instead start a crochet jewelry project and finish it in one sitting?
There’s nothing more frustrating than having a hobby you love and not being able to enjoy it because you are too busy. There is always work to be done and others to take care of but very little time for yourself.
The Loopy Worsted Necklace is a quick fun crochet jewelry pattern busy crocheters like you can fit into the very little “me time” in your day. It’s fast because it’s made with worsted weight yarn, and there are only 5 rows in the pattern.
Make it for yourself or as a gift for that fashionable someone in your life.
Make sure to check out the tester photos of the crochet necklace at the end of this post to see many different color combos that will get your creative juices flowing. One tester used seven colors!!
It took me exactly 45 min to complete which is awesome I love that!!-Susan, tester
Ready to stop stressing about the crochet gifts you want to make?
Does this sound familiar?
You want to create handmade gifts for your loved ones, but you can’t find a pattern for a gift you haven’t made them before?
Let’s face it – wasting all of your time looking for the right gift pattern instead of crocheting is not how you want to spend your limited crochet time.
And there’s nothing more disheartening than watching your family member open your handmade gift – only to have them say, “Um thanks, another hat.”
The Loopy Worsted Necklace was designed to be unique, a special crocheted gift that is different than anything you’ve given before. It’s cool, fashionable, and unexpected.
Have fun matching the colors to your friends’ and family members’ personalities and wardrobes. With four different areas to add color to the necklace the combos are endless. But you don’t have to make it in four colors. It also looks lovely in just 2 or even 1.
And it works up quickly because it’s made out of just 22 yards of worsted weight yarn! You’ll be done with your gifts in no time!!
I think this necklace would make a lovely gift, and it is so customizable!-Stacy, Tester
Or maybe you are looking for a crochet project that is…
- A break from a large project. Tester, Heather says, “…it felt so nice to complete a project so quickly. This was a great pattern to offset the monstrous blankets I’m currently working on.”
- An item to spice up your wardrobe and add some excitement to getting dressed. It’s perfect for Zoom meetings. Put it on over a comfy cotton tee a second before you “join meeting” and it instantly turns your athleisure outfit into a polished put together look.
- A new experience. This pandemic has me yearning for fun new things to do. Have you ever made a crocheted necklace? Many of my testers never had. Think of the Loopy Worsted Necklace pattern as new crochet adventure!
- A solution to the guilt you feel from not using your stash yarn like you promised yourself you would. Well, shed that guilt! Hit the stash, pull out a couple of yards and start crocheting this little necklace. You need less than 25 yards of worsted weight yarn.
- A little pampering. It’s been a rough year and you need a gift. To tell you the truth I’m keeping at least one of these necklaces for myself! And I know some of my testers are doing the same.
Crochet Necklace PDF Details
Your pattern purchase will include an easy to read 7 page pdf.
You won’t get stuck anywhere in this pattern. It is clear and easy to follow because, like all of my patterns, it has been tested and professionally tech edited.
You will be guided through the pattern with the aid of instructional photos and stitch diagrams.
Wait don’t fret, it is not necessary to be able to read diagrams to complete the project because the instructions are clearly written out step by step.
Want to make the necklace a different length? Instructions to lengthen or shorten the necklace are incorporated.
The pattern is written in US terms.
I loved working on this pattern – so cute, and the layering of the loops behind the treble fans is brilliant!-Olivia, Tester
What do you need to make this crochet jewelry?
- Lion Brand 24/7 Cotton Yarn, worsted weight #4 yarn (100% mercerized cotton; 186 yds/170 m per 3.5 oz/100 g skein), 1 skein each of Color (A) White, (B) Black, (C) Lemon, and (D) Jade
- Crochet hook size US G/6 (4 mm)
- One .75”/2.5 cm, round, 4 hole button
- 1 Stitch marker
- Tapestry needle
6 yds/5.5m of color A, 3.5 yds/3m of color B, 3.5 yds/3m of color C, and 9 yds/8m of color D
You can make this pattern, it’s rated Easy.
Don’t have any 24/7 in your stash? You can substitute any worsted weight yarn.
Here are a few yarns my testers used and recommend:
- Knit Picks Dishie, worsted 4-Medium (100% cotton, 190 yds/174 m, 3.5 oz/100 g)
- Red Heart with Love, worsted 4-Medium (100% acrylic, 370 yds/338 m, 7 oz/198 g)
- Peaches and Cream, worsted 4-Medium (100% USA grown cotton, 120yds/109 m, 2.5 oz/70.9 g)
- Red Heart Super Saver, worsted 4-Medium (96% acrylic, 4% other fibers, 364 yds/333 m, 7 oz/198 g)
- Red Heart Soft Yarn, worsted 4-Medium (100% acrylic, 256 yds/234 m, 5 oz/141 g)
Great pattern, and love the result!-Laurence, tester
Speaking of Testers
Here are some inspiring Loopy Worsted Necklaces by a few of my amazing testers.
Be sure to check them out on Instagram (by clicking on their names in the photo credits) if you’d like to see more of their beautiful work.
Olivia is definitely onboard the funky color train with me. I love how she styled this look. The black chain disappears into her on-trend black turtleneck and gives the illusion of the crochet necklace being part of her shirt! She is just too cool!
How cute is Michelle in her nature inspired Loopy Worsted Necklace?! She went for the wild loopy look and I’m loving it. Also, notice how much personality the necklace adds to a plain gray crew neck!
Golden Hooks is so pretty in her Loopy Worsted Necklace! I love how she went dressy with the styling. This is a great example of how crochet jewelry can go from casual to formal.
But she didn’t stop there. Oh no! She couldn’t, wouldn’t, shouldn’t stop! Check out her other color combos below. Here you can see the versatility of the color possibilities.
Can you even handle the one with the alternating colored loops or the all red one?! Her creativity is so inspiring.
Stacy took the Loopy Worsted Necklace in a holiday direction. She is so clever!
These would make great gifts or a fun addition to your holiday wardrobe. Who says holiday crochet jewelry can’t be cool? Certainly not Stacy!
Stacy has more holiday ideas up her sleeve, I happen to know. I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next.
And can we please take a moment to acknowledge the amazing 7 colored fall inspired necklace?!!!! That’s skill right there.
My testers astound me and I love it. I never would have thought this funky necklace could have a sophisticated antique look but YaYa did it! She’s amazing!
YaYa totally nailed the Victorian trend that’s going on right now but it’s totally fresh and modern too. That’s talent right there! I think I need to make myself this version ASAP!