This post may include affiliate links, view our disclosure policy for details.
Finally a crochet tee you can wear to work!
Have you been searching for crochet tee patterns you can wear in public without getting arresting for indecent exposure?
Seriously why are all crochet tops so skimpy?
Well I couldn’t find any I wanted to make and wear. So I designed the Be Spotted Tee. You will have to wear a tank top underneath of course. And then it’s totally workplace appropriate or picnic with your conservative in-laws appropriate.
Buy the pattern on Etsy or Ravelry now or keep reading to find out more about the tee and pattern details.
Don’t put your hook down this summer!
Continue to have enjoy your crochet hobby during the warm weather without the discomfort of working on large bulky projects with hot yarn.
Does this sound familiar?
You want to keep crocheting during the summer but all your patterns are for sweaters, afghans, and scarfs. Blah, too hot!
The Be Spotted Tee is a unique crochet tee that is perfect for making, wearing, and collecting compliments this summer.
Get out your summer yarns! Cotton and Bamboo are great lightweight, cool options. They won’t make a sweaty puddle in your lap while you crochet.
In fact, I crocheted much of this crochet tee out on my porch under the trees. I live in this really weird spot in my town.
The town is getting so developed that there is a concern the town doesn’t have enough trees. They’ve proposed they spend part of the town budget buying and planting trees. I’m not even kidding.
But I live right in the middle of a patch of town that is completely wooded because it’s a water shed area for the reservoir.
I bet I have over 100 trees in my yard. I think I have 25 in my front yard alone. Oooo, maybe I could start selling trees to make yarn money! Anyone want to buy a five story birch tree? Hmmm, that’s probably not what they had in mind. Shucks!
Anywho, enough about the trees, back to the tees. I used Lion Brand’s Truboo yarn. It’s fiber content is 100% rayon from bamboo. It’s so light and airy. I never felt hot while working on the project.
This was a fun make.Christine – Tester
Wear it right now
Has this happened to you?
You finish a crochet garment during the summer and want to wear it but you have to wait because it’s for the cold weather?
Let’s face it – there’s nothing more frustrating than finishing a garment and not being able to flaunt it around town because it’s the wrong season.
You can wear this crochet tee as soon as you finish! The open airy stitch allows for plenty of cool breeze flow.
And if you use Lion Brand’s Truboo yarn like I did. You won’t believe how cool and comfortable the fabric is. Wear it on your next trip to the park and you’ll be surprised how NOT hot you are.
Or maybe you are looking for a crochet project that is…
- Different. I am constantly researching new techniques, innovative designers, and original stitches to bring you patterns you’ve never seen before. If you are tired of the same old, same old the Be Spotted Tee is a breath of fresh air.
- Cute. Tester Stephanie says, “It’s cute and different. The sleeves and neckline are so cute.”
- A fun new item for your wardrobe. The quirky polka dot stitch pattern, pretty two tone collar, and ruffled sleeves will add some fun to your wardrobe. Slip this on over any dull tank and you’ll add some happy to your day for sure!
- Inexpensive. The pattern requires 4 skeins for the XS and 7 for the 5X. If you buy Lion Brand’s Truboo Yarn that’s only $24 through $42. And that’s when it’s not on sale or with a coupon. And I KNOW you have that 20% off your purchase coupon they send out every month. Ha-ha. Oh, I just looked and the Truboo is sale for $3.59 a skein! That’s $17.95 for my size. Um, I have to go buy yarn now. I’ll be right back.
- Eye catching. Are you looking for compliments? The tee stands out enough to get you loads but is also subtle enough to be worn casual. I’m the princess of casual. My mom is the queen. Dress it up or dress it down.
- Size Inclusive. All of my patterns starting in 2021 are sized from XS to 5X. Earlier patterns are on at the to-do list to revise now that I have the skills to grade in more sizes.
It’s cute and different. The sleeves and neckline are so cute.Stephanie M. – Testere
Crochet Tee Pattern PDF Details
You can make this pattern, it’s rated Easy.
Your pattern purchase includes an easy to read 13 page pdf.
You won’t get stuck anywhere in this pattern. It is clear and easy to follow because, like all of my patterns, it has been tested and professionally tech edited.
You will be guided through the pattern with the aid of detailed instructions and stitch diagrams.
Wait don’t panic, it is not necessary to be able to read diagrams to complete the project because the instructions are clearly written out step by step.
Instructions for sizes XS through 5X are included and the arm hole size is easily adjustable.
The pattern is written in US terms.
And you can dial a friend. Well, email a designer to be exact. I have a dedicated pattern support email listed at the end of the pattern. You can email me directly anytime! I’ll be there for you (When the rain starts to pour), I’ll be there for you (Like I’ve been there before)… La-la-la.
Here is what you will need
- Lion Brand Yarns Truboo Yarn, 3-light (100% rayon from bamboo, 241 yds/220 m, 3.5 oz/100 g), color A-Silver 3 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 6, 6, 6) skeins, color B-Vibrant Warm Yellow 1 skein for all sizes
- Crochet hook size US H/8 (5 mm)
- Tapestry needle
The tee still looks fantastic! I’ve received so many compliments from my folks and my mom now wants me to make a few for her.Yolanda E. – Tester
Don’t have any Truboo at your local store? You can substitute any 3-light weight yarn.
Here are two yarns my testers recommend:
- Caron Cotton Ripple Cakes Yarn
Speaking of Crochet Testers
Here are some inspiring Be Spotted Tees by a few of my talented testers.
Be sure to check them out on Instagram (by clicking on their names in the photo credits) if you’d like to see more of their beautiful work.
If you liked this, check out these crochet garments next!
Mary Beth Cryan has been designing crochet patterns for over 4 years. Prior, Mary Beth worked as a professional illustrator and product designer with a specialty in paper crafts for 18 years. She has authored and illustrated 17 paper craft books, countless pop-up greeting cards, and many paper craft kits. She received 3 LOUIE Awards from the National Greeting Card Association. Some of her clients included MoMA (Museum of Modern Art NYC), American Girl, Dover Publications, Peter Pauper Press, Ranger Rick Magazine, Highlights magazine and many others. She earned a Bachelor of Fine Arts from Syracuse University in 2000.